Ashford Champs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still No Response from Protege

5 posters

Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty Still No Response from Protege

Post  MsTee Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:19 pm

ok...I had a long vent on here but i decided to take it off... lol!

Last edited by MsTee on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
MsTee
MsTee

Back to top Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty Protege update...

Post  MsTee Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Ok, finally got a return email...I feel better Very Happy
MsTee
MsTee

Back to top Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty Feel Free: MsTee

Post  Admin Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:20 pm

That's part of why the forum is here, and your venting may help other champs feel better about some of the frustations that may be experienced by the CHAMPS. Even if its just mild sarcasm, somebody will probably laugh and agree with you. It's all helpful to you maybe, and others possibly. Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://ahsfordchamps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty Re: Still No Response from Protege

Post  Stephanie Z. Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Admin wrote:That's part of why the forum is here, and your venting may help other champs feel better about some of the frustations that may be experienced by the CHAMPS. Even if its just mild sarcasm, somebody will probably laugh and agree with you. It's all helpful to you maybe, and others possibly. Twisted Evil

This is exactly true and why I even initially mentioned a facebook group, because I know I would want someone to bounce ideas off and have the occasional "spout off" session.

MsTee, that is awesome you have a protege to begin with! You'll have to let use know how it goes with you first few discussions with him or her so we kind of know what to expect when we eventually get assigned proteges.

Stephanie Z.

Back to top Go down

Post  char Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:05 pm

MsTee,

I completely understand your hesitation with venting, we have yet to all get to know one another and feel safe in knowing that a vent session will be kept within our group, and not find it's way copied and pasted into an email to Shane. With that being said, I want you all to know I have spent a lifetime listening to, and trying to help other people, I have an enormous capability for keeping my mouth shut.

This, in my opinion, is why the ones who chose to be a part of this group are here, not only to feel safe venting, but to converse with one another privately!! without always having to hold our tongue. I am glad MsTee that you finally got a response, I just got my response yesterday as well, and received another one today. Not sure about your (the name protege sounds so impersonal to me) new friend, but mine had a tough first couple of weeks. She had an instructor who counted off points because my friend didn't understand the response process. I told her each instructor is different as far as what they expect from us, and that I was happy she got the hang of it, and now she can follow through with kicking a little boootaaay!!!! tongue

Hey, I need some suggestions on what we can call our protege in group discussions. Protege just sounds ugh impersonal, and official. Any input would be appreciated and then JIM can add another poll, and we can all vote on it. Whatcha think?? Right now if I had to give my opinion, I would just go with initials, F (for friend) and P (for protege), so FP. But that is really lame and boring, so come on everybody throw your ideas out there!!

Have a wonderful evening guys, I am in and out of here, sporadically so maybe I can connect with you all at some point in the chat box!! alien

char

Back to top Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty Thanks Guys!! i appreciate the feedback

Post  MsTee Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:11 pm

I started out feeling a little upset that my protege or (FP) Laughing did not respond to me after countless attempts. The vent was long and I stated how often I check my email and respond to people at least within 24hrs or less. After i wrote it I felt badly b/c I was a little reserved (Char u definitely hit the nail on the head)...Now I think i can relax b/c i am confident i am amongst friends bounce So i thank each of you for taking the time to give me a little pat on the shoulder.

My (FP) just emailed me yesterday after I sent her another email. We have yet to set up a time to coordinate our schedules. @Stephanie...so far it is a work in progress. My Protege said she has not gone on the site or even watched the Did u know 4.0 video...I know I will just have to be patient and wait for her to reach out...but in the mean time I will continue to send emails and try to reach out!!! lol!

Thx again ~MsTee

MsTee
MsTee

Back to top Go down

Post  char Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:09 am

@ MsTee, that is all you CAN do, and all you are EXPECTED to do. My (FP) said her advisor is suppose to helping her get onto the Champs classroom site, and I figured next time I talk to her, if the advisor has not beem successful, then I will offer my support, I think the more I kinda let her do on her own, (as far as corresponding with administrators), the better. I know my enrollment advisor was the bomb and I do not know what I would have done without her the first couple of classes.

Mine has not watched the video either because of the problems logging in. I am curious as to how much info and preparation has been given to THEM. I know we have kinda been prep'd for this but I don't know how much they have been ya know? And God love Shane, I know he has GOT to be overwhelmed and over emailed, but his response time is going to have to quicken before the Champs start feeling like we are flying blind here. scratch

Keep up the good work girlie, you will get feedback once your (FP) has gotten a little more used to the online environment I am sure!! In the mean time, just continue to be you and all will be well cheers Do the dang thang!!!

char

Back to top Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty @Char

Post  MsTee Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:03 pm

char wrote:@ MsTee, that is all you CAN do, and all you are EXPECTED to do. My (FP) said her advisor is suppose to helping her get onto the Champs classroom site, and I figured next time I talk to her, if the advisor has not beem successful, then I will offer my support, I think the more I kinda let her do on her own, (as far as corresponding with administrators), the better. I know my enrollment advisor was the bomb and I do not know what I would have done without her the first couple of classes.

Mine has not watched the video either because of the problems logging in. I am curious as to how much info and preparation has been given to THEM. I know we have kinda been prep'd for this but I don't know how much they have been ya know? And God love Shane, I know he has GOT to be overwhelmed and over emailed, but his response time is going to have to quicken before the Champs start feeling like we are flying blind here. scratch

Keep up the good work girlie, you will get feedback once your (FP) has gotten a little more used to the online environment I am sure!! In the mean time, just continue to be you and all will be well cheers Do the dang thang!!!

You see what I’m saying Char…you just know exactly the right things to say…thanks girl…you're a ray of sunshine sunny

R u on LinkedIn?
MsTee
MsTee

Back to top Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty Linked In

Post  Admin Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:22 pm

MsTee,

I don't think she's on linked in yet. I've been on there for a while. When I started my business, I got on every business and social networking outlet I could find as a means of just widening my exposure. I can set her up with an account if you think that would be a good idea.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty Re: Linked In

Post  MsTee Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:14 am

Hey Cleon...thanks for responding. I just wanted to know if she had one...Just wanted to stay connected...it becomes a hassles checking all those sites after a while...but i am addicted drunken ...I hope you all are enjoying a great weekend...I have my wk five essay to complete lol! geek
MsTee
MsTee

Back to top Go down

Post  char Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:00 am

I do not have my own linkedin site, but am on my husbands. I can have him create me one though, especially if it sends emails to alert of activity. That is the ONLY thing I dislike about this site. If I knew someone was on, and had time, I could get on here so we could chat. I am like everyone else, busy, but I do like to take time to converse with my fellow students, and champions!! I guess we are kind of out of sync on our weeks of class. I just finished up my 3rd week, so I have a few more weeks before that final paper is due, and boy is this one guna be a doozy!!! But at least I have a little break after this course, which I am very grateful for! Twisted Evil

Good luck rocking your paper!! I know you will do GREAT!! cheers

char

Back to top Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty Not Assigned a Protege Yet....

Post  Brad Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:23 am

Hey everyone.....

Have you all been assigned a protege for CHAMPS? Mine is somewhere in the great beyond....and I think Shane may have driven him there because he has not been in touch either.

Other than that.....looks like everyone is up to speed and getting their portions done with contacting them. Cheers!

Brad
Brad
Brad

Back to top Go down

Post  char Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:48 am

Brad,

I have been assigned one and it took about a week and a half to start getting return emails. Have you been assigned one as well and just haven't heard anything back? I know there are a few who are still waiting for assignments. I was a bit frustrated as well for a good week there when I could not get a response from Shane either. I had to keep telling myself, this is all new to him too, and he is just busy. Thats what helped me anyway.

I believe I have just gotten lucky at this point to have a protege that appreciates being checked up on. I hope things get better for you, just because you aren't communicating with him/her, doesn't mean you can't get on here and have fun with the rest of us. As you can see, not everything is about the program!! Have a great week Brad!! geek

char

Back to top Go down

Still No Response from Protege Empty Happy Thankgiving:

Post  Admin Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:57 pm

If you are not thankful for anything else....
Be thankful your not a turkey Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down